Monday, June 27, 2011

News from the mission field June

My what a crazy week. The former branch president's family are still fighting. It's hard to stay neutral. We offered to let the family talk about him in sacrament meeting because they never got to say anything at the funeral and they were delighted. Then we received an email right before church started stating they had to work. When we called to see if they would let us read the talk, they said it was against their culture to talk about the dead. Ohhhhh!

Anyway we are doing very good. We had 41 people to church on Sunday, mainly because of the baptism we had. We are very delighted.

When I walked into the church I saw a lizard on the floor. I thought is was a toy and went to pick it up. It jumped right at me and sent me screaming all over the church. I finally found it again on Sunday morning while we were waiting for the font to fill up. Dad caught it and threw it outside. I felt relieved. Then to my dismay, during primary one of the kids opened up the door and the lizard came back in. It was a zoo! That thing can move so fast I jumped up on my chair to stay away from it. It is a fast little critter. You know how I hate wiggly things. Finally the Sunday School brethern heard us and came in to help us out! Thank goodness for the priesthood. BUT they proceeded to tell me that a rattle snake came into the chapel once and they had a terrible time getting it out. Now I am absolutely paranoid over every little thing. Pray for me to be safe ok?

We had another baptism all lined up for next week, but her father saw how happy she was and felt bad that she wasn't going to his church and so he said, "No way is my daughter going to become a mormon! He made arrangments to have her baptized in the catholic church in the Downs. I felt bad because I don't think she realizes that a switcheroo was made on her. When we went to her house, she came running to me smiling. I"m going to baptized Sister Lee. I'm so excited. I knew it wasn't in our church because she had to come to sacament meeting one more time before we could baptize her, but we couldn't get her mother to budge. She said she had to do what the father wanted.

Life is good in the mission field!!! We love serving the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment