Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valley of Fire











Oh the way to Albuquerque we stopped by the Valley of Fire. Oh well, it wasn't much but I took a few pictures anyway. It is a large deposit of lava rock from a large lava stream that just bubbled out of the ground. There was no volcano. The most interesting thing was the picture of the lizard that is common there. It puffs up when it sees danger and gets larger. It reminded me of the creature on Jurassic park that got bigger when it saw that man in the jungle. I think it would scare me to death. We had lots of signs of danger for rattlesnakes (which I was greatful it was winter time) and a cougar warning. They have placed a cougar warning all over Ruidoso because they have an over abundance of cougars that are coming into town looking for deer because of the weather. They have warned everyone to be very careful if they are close to wooded areas or if they have animals close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment