Monday, April 4, 2011
April Conference 2011
Oh how I look forward to conference being in the mission field. We have been so lucky to have it at our fingertips while living in Utah. I find that I hunger and thirst for the gospel. We were unable to view Conference on Saturday as dad was in the hospital. I was going to drive to the Ruidoso Chapel myself but Dad said he needed it too, so we got dressed on Sunday Morning and Drove to the Ruidso Ward. The building was locked up tight with a note that said, Satelitte broken. We just sat there for a while and finally the missionaires came, they couldn't do anyting either. Then Brother Woodward came and invited us to his home. We were very excited. Conference was wonderful and I am so greatful that we were able to listen to the prohet and the apostles give us advice. Like President Monson said, there is something or someone who has prepared a talk just for you. I really loved brother Scott's address on his wife. I feel fortunate to have an eternal companion that loves me and let's me know that he loves me every day. I think you do too. I paid particular note to the talk on being tested. I feel out here in the mission field we often get discouraged because things don't always go on our time frame. I am learning that we have faith and let the Lord do the work. We just have to be his instruments. We did, however, have a few good experiences before conference that made us feel good. We began teaching David Shanta a few months out into our mission. He seemed very interested in the church but has a hard time giving up his Catholic Faith. He and his wife were close to a divorce. We spoke to him about how the gospel would improve his life and his feelings for his wife. I am happy to say they are getting along very well and the last night we met with them they were just a couple of love bugs. They are planning on leaving the reservation for the summer months to attend the Indian Pow Wows around the country and sell fry bread. They were telling us a little about how they have been reading the Book of Mormon and feel it is a good book. We were teasing them, if they weren't careful, people would think they were Mormons. They were saying how much the Book is about Jesus Christ. We also went to see Viola Morgan, one of the first people we baptized here in the mission field. She has a son who is agressively opposed to the church. He has been filling her mind with all kinds of doubts. When we went to see her last Wednesday, she was so happy so just clung on to me like a little child. I think she was glad to have the spirit back in her home. The Lord works miracles and I am sure he is helping us, we just need to be patient. We love the Lord with all our heart and I have gained a deep love for my Savior. I must always thank him for all the things he has given me and for having his influence throughout my whole life. I am have been very fortunate. We must always try to live our life as Christ would have us do. Through love, all things are possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment