One day when Jeff was here we were talking to our young missionaries and asking them what they wanted to do when they went home. Elder Rane said he wanted to be an artist. We laughed and joked with him about starving to death or maybe living in Paris. I just happened to send a few pictures I took of him telling his mother what a fine young man he was. One day we received a beautiful picture of the empty tomb of Christ with the linens on the table from his parents. It was named "He is not here!" I looked down and saw the signature of Walter Rane. I am not very familar with these things so when I went to the library and found out he is a famous LDS artist and does many paintings for the Engisns.
I am posting some of them so you can see them or look them up on the web. Walter Rane uses his family as much as possible in his paintings and several of them have him in them. Look for him, his wife and Elder Rane in the ones I am posting.
Ensign December 2005 The desires of my Heart shows Elder Rane as Joseph Smith
January 2007 Master I have brought unto Thee my Son shows Elder Rane as the child
April 2011 Peace I leave with you shows Walter Rane as a desciple next to Jesus (no beard)
December 2006 Behold the Lamb of God shows Elder Rane's mother as Mary
Have fun. Next time you read an ensign look for his pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment