Monday, January 31, 2011

A Great Week

Our last Fast and Testimony meeting was really good. We ordained Ethan Brown into the Priesthood and set him apart as a Priest. He was very nervous but anxious to receive this ordinance. I was very proud when he bore his testimony. He made the comment that he has never been happier than he has since his baptism. He will be a great asset to the branch. We also set Matthew Naiche into the priesthood. He has been a member all his life, but somehow got lost between the cracks and was never given the priesthood. He says he has been waiting for this his whole life, but didn't know what to do to get it.

Elder Lee and I have a class on Saturdays where we are helping the young men to get their Duty to God award and prepare for missions themselves. One boy went home and told his cousin what he had learned and she approached us and asked if we could come to her home and teach her how to read the Book of Mormon. That made us feel very good. These kids are hungry for the gospel.

I have decided after viewing the DVD on Church history that I will stop complaining about how difficult it is sometimes to serve a mission. When I see what the early pioneers did to share the gospel and the trials they not only had but their families, I feel blessed. We have a wonderful heritage and I am greatful that my ancestors did what they did to give me the gospel. I thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful blessing.

We sure love you kids and are so proud of you. The Lord is certainly blessing you even though you may not see his hand at work for you. He loves you and so do we.

Love mom and dad

No comments:

Post a Comment