Monday, January 24, 2011

Starr Family

Well we had an unusual expereince the other day. We drove up to the church and found a young man (15) standing by the fence. Dad went to talk to him. He invited us to come to his home and visit with his family. Later on that day we went to his home only to find his whole family out on the porch drinking heavily. They made a few smart remarks about us being Jehovah Witnesses. We proceeded to ask if this was the Starr residence. Dad walked over to talk with the rest of the family while I was left with the grandfather. He said he didn't like us coming to his home and telling him how to live. He didn't like the Jehovah Witnesses. I told him I was not a Jdove. So he asked me what church I belonged to. I showed him my badge and told him I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. He looked very long and hard at my badge. They he started talking and I couldn't understand anything he was saying. He asked me to put my hands on top of his to feel my spirit. I placed my hands on top and I finally realized that his name was Jesus. They say it differently but he wanted my badge. I told him I couldn;t give it to him because it belonged to me "Sister Lee" He said he liked my badge and he liked me. FINALLY dad said, "Come on Sister Lee, we have to go" I tried my best to get away but he just kept talking. Dad started talking to the mother of the boy we met and I finally got away. We asked her if we could come back another time. She asked why we came and we told her that her son invited us. She started to cry. She couldn't believe her son actually invited someone from a church to her house. She gave me a hug and told me that it was a sign because she was being sent to jail on Tuesday. I tried to console her. Then the grandfather, that I was talking to earlier came up from behind me and put his arms around me so I couldn;t move. I tired not to show my fear but my heart did start pounding. You could see dad getting a little anxious. This guy was a lot taller than he is. He said he liked me and thought I was a good person. I told him I liked him too and wiggled my way out. We walked for the car as fast as we could. I don't think we will go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment