Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Carbines are coming































We were so excited when we found out another senior couple from the TExas Lubbock Mission were coming to visit us. They were on their way to Las Cruzes and wanted to know if they could stay with us on their way down. oF course we said Yes!! We met them at 4:00 in front of our apartment and showed them all around Ruidoso and Mescalero. Of course, there is not much to see, but we laughed, and shared stories and really enjoyed ourselves. At the Inn of the Mountain Gods restaurant they had to kick us out because we stayed so long. It was great to have their company there and share our lovely Mescalero. They really enjoyed our Apache stories. It was a lot of fun. I don't have too many pictures because I accidently deleted them from my camera at the graduation (because I couldn't see what I was doing it was so dark. So I took pictures! of some of the pictures I had developed to send to them, that's why they look so funny. The big barrel is a baptismal item they use at the Apache Mission for baptizing. It is beautifully decorated in the Apache art. We found a castle and Sister Carbine and I had a wonderful time taking all kinds of pictures. We called it Rapunzel's castle and acted silly like a couple of kids. The men just looked on like WHAT? Sorry, but I lost most of the other pictures. Maybe it is good you can't see how crazy your mom is.

Lv Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment