Well, this one was really hard. Dad and I have been knocking on doors, trying to find members, been ignored, laughed at, told to go away, but we just kept going. We wonder sometimes how we find the energy and desire to keep going but we do. We had three investigator familes that we were feeling pretty good about. We actually got to give them two of three lessons. We were excited. Then it all started to fall apart!!!!!! We went to the Blake family who we thought was golden. The wife felt the spirit when we read the Book of Mormon and said she couldn't put it down. When we asked her to pray at one of the lessons, she actually cried with the spirit and asked our Heavenly Father to help the Mormon Missionaries. But at the last lesson the the Plan of Salvation it all came to an end. She said she didn't believe in the three degrees of glory and knew she was going to Apache heaven so she didn't need to worry. We were devastated!!!! But we thought we would still continue and later on that day we ran into Jodi who was at the bus stop waiting for her children to get out of school. She had her mother with her so we stopped to say hi. Jodi's mother was so cold!!! She wouldn't even talk to me or look at me. Jodi seemed a little afraid that we were speaking to her so we finally left. We haven't been able to see her since. We had three beautiful meetings with her and she loved every thing we taught her about the gospel. Now we were doublely devasted!!!!! We went home that evening feeling very sad. I didn't think I was taking it that bad, but when I was on my way to Women's Conference I was listening to the tape Marci sent dad for this birthday. The words hit me and I started to cry. I had to pull over to compose myself. Here were the words:
Sometimes God sends a storm that's unexpected. And we're faced to feel our deepest pain. When I feel the heartache begin to pull me under, I dig my heels in deep and I fight to keep my ground. Still at times the hurt inside grows stronger and there's nothing I can do but let it out. " So I cried and cried. Finally I pulled myself together and went to Women's Conference. When I saw the Tabernacle organ I began to get homesick and had to try hard to keep from crying again. What a baby your mom is huh? Well I enjoyed Women's conference very much and went away uplifted and ready to begin again. The next morning we went to Pick up Lavern and her children for church (our third invstigator). To our surprise, they were getting ready to go to the Catholic Church. Oh, my, that was hard. Our teaching pool is now zero. BUT, never fear, your mom and dad are LEE's and we will keep going. The best is to come!!!!
We love you all. love mom and dad
No comments:
Post a Comment