Dad and I are feeling like we are making a little progress in the Mescalero branch. We have spent the last week trying to find members who are not attending church. It is very difficult because many of them only have PO Box numbers. But we met quite a few and extended an invitation to church. Sadly enough, we didn't have that many respond. But we are beginning a few programs that might help our bonding process with the branch members.
I am tring to get a copy fo the Women's Conference so we can hold our "very own" Womens' conference at the Mescalero branch. I hope it works because they really to get together. If it works we will have a pot luck and watch the conference.
We are trying to get Internet at the branch. That will enable us to hear these special conferences and general conference at the branch too. The indians do not like going to Ruidoso to go to church. We can hardly get them to come to Mescalero. Then we want to introduce using the internet to find thier ancestors and do some genealolgy work. (Do you think I am dreaming) They can't have a satellite because they have tried three times and it has been either stolen or vandalized so the church won't do that anymore.
Dad is finally getting a Presidency Meeting going. We usualy only have one member of the Branch there on a given Sunday. Last Sunday, we had two. (we are making progress). I have started a little Primary class and the Primary President said she would be there next week to give the lesson (Pray for us). We have a small Sunday school going too.
So you see, things are happening here in Mescalero. Dad and I feel like we have a brand new family.
But we always talk about our "SPECIAL" family that we love very much. We pray for you and love to hear from you.
No comments:
Post a Comment