I am looking out the library window and it looks like a terrible storm is coming in. I had to get my winter coat out because it is so cold. We met two young mother's (who aren't married) who are interested in taking the missionary lessons. However, one of them is a chain smoker. She sat on the doorstep and smoked her cigarette while we talked to her. She felt very sad that she had made so many poor decisions in her life. She became pregnant while being drunk and is really struggling. She asked us if we could help her because she feels bad about all the things that have happened in her life. While having a drinking party at her house a young man was stabbed and died. She can't get over it and feels she was responsible. I can't believe the problems we keep coming up with.
However, good news! President Morgan's wife (who is not a member) is taking missionary lessons! We were so excited because she has lived with him for 26 years and finally she feels like she wants to do something to be with her husband for the eternities. We were pretty excited.
We were talking to a young man about the Book of Mormon. He said he didn't know anything but said he thought his mother used to be a Mormon. We asked him if he was a member of the church and he said yes. When we got back to the Church house we looked him and his mother on the church records. Neither one of them were members. I guess I will have to realize that just because I ask if they are a member of the church, it doesnt necesarily mean the LDS church. Duh???? Your not in Utah mom! Oh well, I am learning and loving every minute out here. We are getting ready for our Branch Thanksgiving dinner on THursday evening. This should be fun.
While driving around Ruidoso, we came across this family of deer. I was able to get out of the car and walk right up to them. It was great! I love this picture. I have seen lots and lots of deer but I am still waiting for my bear! That is my goal, to see a real bear before my mission is over.
We had a great talk in Sacrament meeting on being a fence sitter. It was done every well and he used Moroni 7. Try to look it up because we all have the agency to make our own choices, but we don't always get to choose the consequences of our choices.
The gospel is true and your mom and dad are loving serving the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment