Monday, November 29, 2010

OUR FIRST BAPTISM
















We now have OUR FIRST BAPTISM! It was a wonderful experience!! We met Viola for the first time at church when her husband, President Monte Morgan, who is the branch president for our branch brought her. We had been in the mission field for 3 1/2 months at that time. they have been married for 29 years and she has refused to come to church or be baptized all this time. Well, we decided to go visit her and Pres Morgan. the first few times we called they said they were busy. But we persisted and finally got into their house. We gave her the first few lessons and the next time we came to give her the baptismal challenge, she flatly told us right off the bat that she like us and our religion but she would not be baptized!!!! We visited for a little while longer and then said we thought we had best be going. She got all upset and wanted us to stay longer. She said we needed to stay and visit. (I think she was feeling the spirit leaving her home and didnt want it to go). So we stayed and began discussing the gospel as she told us about what she believed and why she didn't need our church. We finally told her we had nothing to give her. We already told her about the apostasy, the restoration, and it was either true or not. Joseph Smith either saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ or he did not! We came here 900 miles to give her that message and it was up to her to accept it or not. the church is the only true church on the earth today and receives revelation from our Heavenly Father. We testified of that! Then we got talking about her marriage and told her that after her or President Morgan dies, their marriage would not longer be in effect. In the gospel of Jesus Christ, we believe marriage can be eternal for time and all eternity. You could just see the change come over her. It was the most beautiful feeling I have every seen. She began asking questions and said "I think I want to be baptized in your church". We were so excited, I could have fainted right there. She didn't want to wait either. She wanted to be baptized right away to receive those blessings. The spirit of the Holy Ghost really works!










I had to tell myself to control my excitement because I felt like shouting for joy as we walked to the car. We have watched her change right before our eyes. She is a wonderful woman and is trying hard to embrace the gospel. I love being a missionary!!!!!










Enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment